Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web

You are here  >  Admissions Office  >  Registrars Office

Registrars Office

Our institution has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent for all verification request of student enrollment and degrees/certificates earned at Alvin Community College. 

Students may log on to WebACCess to print out their enrollment verification certificate for the current or overall enrollment at ACC, free of charge.  

  • Log onto WebACCess using your user ID and password.
  • Click on the Students link.
  • Click on the Enrollment Verification link, in the Academic Profile section.

Third-party agencies needing to verify enrollment or degrees/certificates for a current or former student must visit the Clearinghouse at or call the Clearinghouse at 703-742-4200 to obtain this information for a nominal fee. Third-party agencies may also fax your request for an enrollment verification to 703-742-4239.

Students can obtain their semester grades and print unofficial grade transcripts through WebACCess online services.

There are three methods by which students may request official transcript ($7.50 per request):

  1. WebACCess – An online request service that requires a password setup. Payment is accepted by credit/debit card.
  2. Mail – Complete and mail the Transcript Request Form to:

            Alvin Community College
            Admissions Office
            3110 Mustang Road
            Alvin, TX  77511-4898

If no form is used, include your signature, date of birth, SSN, dates of attendance and address where the transcript is to be mailed to. Payment by personal check is held up to 10 days before processing the request. A money order is preferred. Express transcript service is provided when pre-paid and arranged by the requestor.

      3. In person at the ACC Admissions Office – A100.

If your only ACC attendance was prior to Fall 1999, requests must be submitted in person or by mail only. Transcripts provided directly to the student will be marked "Issued to Student," and may not be accepted as official by other institutions. Transcript requests will be serviced as long as obligations to the College have been met.


Upon completion of degree and/or certificate requirements, the student must apply for graduation in order for the credential to be awarded. This process requires the student to request a Program Evaluation (degree audit) and complete a Graduation Application.  

The 2016-2017 deadlines to apply are as follows:

  • 2016 Fall - November 18, 2016
  • 2017 Spring - April 13, 2017
  • 2017 Summer - August 1, 2017

Step 1. Program Evaluation: The student first obtains a Program Evaluation (degree audit) from WebACCess or the Advising Office for each degree or certificate. All course requirements must be completed prior to the degree or certificate award date. If program requirements are not met, student is required to reapply for the next term. Students not currently enrolled who complete final graduation requirements at another regionally accredited college or university and provide an official transcript may also apply for a degree or certificate.

Step 2. Graduation Application: Submit the Graduation Application to the Admissions Office in A-building by the deadline specified in the current semester's schedule.

Step 3. Diplomas: Following the end of term posting of grades, the Registrar's Office verifies that all requirements in progress have been completed and prepares the diplomas. Diplomas will be available for pickup at the Admissions Office (A100) four weeks following the posting of final grades for the term. 

Replacement Diplomas: A student may apply for a Replacement Diploma ($45) by:

  • Completing a form at the Admissions Office (A100)
  • Mailing the form to: Alvin Community College, 3110 Mustang Rd., Alvin, TX 77511. If paying by check or money order, make payable to Alvin Community College.


General Commencement Information


Former Alvin Community College students may graduate under the AAT, AA or AS degree plan and catalog year that was on file at the time they transferred to another college/university if:

  • the remaining credits were completed at an accredited college or university.
  • the credit was completed within three years from the date of last attendance at ACC.
  • the student has met all remaining conditions for graduation as published in the institutional catalog.
  • the application and fee have been received by deadline

The Hazlewood Exemption provides exemption of payment for tuition and certain fees to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans and to eligible dependent children and spouses of Texas veterans. Veterans must meet the following requirements:

  • Show DD-214.
  • Confirm entrance (home of record or place of entry) from the State of Texas
  • Present letter of ineligibility for the Montgomery G.I. Bill from the Department of Veterans Affairs, if discharge was post 9/11
  • Present receipt of an honorable or under honorable conditions discharge.
  • Served at least 180 days of active duty (excluding basic training time).
  • Texas residency for a minimum of 12 months prior to college registration.
  • Not be in default for any educational student loan.
  • A statement of Hazlewood hours for all colleges or universities attended after September 1995 and prior to ACC enrollment, if the student transferred to ACC must also be submitted.

The new "Hazlewood Legacy Act" removes certain residency restrictions, extends eligibility to spouses, and permits eligible veterans to assign their unused hours to their children. Children of eligible veterans must meet the institution’s requirement for Satisfactory Academic Progress and must not be on academic probation in order to receive their parents' Hazlewood benefits.

Application Deadline:

New applicants – First-time Hazlewood veterans and dependents must apply two weeks prior to the payment deadline of the term. If application is submitted by the deadline, but not yet approved, the student must make arrangements to pay from personal funds. The student will be reimbursed for the payment made once approved for Hazlewood Benefits. First-time applications submitted after the deadline of two weeks prior to the payment deadline will be processed for the next available term. 

Previous Recipients – Students who have used their Hazlewood benefits previously at ACC may apply through late registration of the term. 

The Registrar’s Office will process the application for benefits and contact the student directly by mail. For additional information and applications for the Hazlewood Benefits Act, visit College for Texans.

Residency rules are established by the State Legislature and governed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Alvin Community College is obligated to the State of Texas and the citizens of the ACC District to uphold all rules and requirements of residency for tuition purposes. When students are admitted, they are informed of their residence classification based on information on their application and supporting documentation. Tuition and fees at registration are based on this classification. If a student's residence changes after admission, the student must submit a Residence Reclassification form to the Admissions Office in A-building. Residency reclassification will be processed by the Admissions Office. Please be aware that as part of this process you may be asked to provide numerous pieces of documentation that you may consider to be of a personal nature. Failure to provide the requested documents may result in the rejection of your petition. Petitions must be submitted by the census date of any given term in order for changes to apply to that term. Petitions received after the census date will apply to the next regular term.

FERPA (Family Education Rights & Privacy Act) & STUDENT RECORDS
US Dept. of Education FERPA

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, commonly known as FERPA, provides that all records pertaining to a student that are maintained by the college must be open for inspection by the student and may not be made available to any other person without the written authorization of the student.  The following items of directory information may be released without the written consent of the student:


Email address


Participation in sports and activities

Telephone number

Weight and height of athletic team members

Date of birth

Dates of attendance


Most recent educational institution attended

Awards and degrees



The following items may NOT be released without the written consent of the student:

Social security number


Student ID

Religious preference





Daily class schedule


Upon request, the college may disclose directory information to any person without the written consent of the student. Therefore, the student is responsible for notifying the College by the 12th class day of every fall/spring semester and by the 4th class day of the summer sessions if any of the directory information listed above is not to be released. The student will complete the FERPA Non-Release Form in person at the Admissions Office in A-building. The student's valid picture identification will be requested when submitting this form.

Students also have the right to allow a third-party to view their student record information by completing the FERPA Limited Release Form in person at the Admission Office.  The student's valid picture identification will be requested when submitting this form.  Information will only be given to the third-party in person upon verification of identify. Information will NOT be given over the phone.

Students have the right under FERPA to inspect and review their education records within 45 days of the day the institution received a request for access. Students should submit to the Registrar, a written request that identifies the record(s) they wish to inspect. The Registrar will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the record(s) may be inspected. Records not maintained by the Registrar's Office will also be made available. Students may ask the college to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. They should contact the Registrar, identify the part of the records to be changed and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the college decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the college will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of the right to a hearing regarding the request of the amendment. Students have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the college to comply with the requirements of FERPA.


At the time of application to Alvin Community College, the student's name, address, phone number, email, residential and mailing address, emergency contact and social security number are taken from the application exactly as written. This information will remain the same unless a Student Data Change Request is submitted by the student to the Admissions Office in A-building or the student completes the online form on WebACCess. The following changes, however, require verification and documentation to be submitted by the student at the Admissions Office: 

1.  A name change requires proper verification of the former and new name in the form of one of the following:   

  • Marriage Certificate    
  • Divorce Decree    
  • Legal Court Document    
  • Birth Certificate 

A current ID is needed for identification. 

2.  A social security number change requires proper verification in the form of a social security card. 

3.  An address change affecting district residency requires proper verification in the form of one of the following:    

  • Driver's License
  • Lease Agreement 

4.  An address change effecting state residency requires proper verification as determined by state legislation. Contact the Admissions Office at 281-756-3531 for more information. 

5.  A date of birth change requires proper verification in the form of a birth certificate or driver's license.


Students are limited to six course withdrawals during their college experience while attending any Texas public institution. Exceptions to this ruling are printed in the  Alvin Community College Catalog.

  • Withdrawals requests require the course rubric (ENGL), number (1301), section (01), student ID number or SSN, and date of birth
  • Online withdrawals are accepted when sent from the official email address on file with the college
  • Email address may  be verified and updated using WebACCess Profile Information

Through Late Registration Date:

  • Withdrawals using WebACCess are accepted through the last day of Late Registration

After Late Registration:

  • Withdrawals after Late Registration are processed via any of the following:
    - Online: Withdrawal Form
    - Mail: Alvin Community College Admissions Office 3110 Mustang Road, Alvin, TX 77511
    - In person: Admissions Office – A100

Withdrawal Instructions for Students Receiving Financial Aid (Pell grants and loans):

  • Email course and student information to using the address on file with the college. Failure to obtain approval could result in the repayment of all funds received. A confirmation receipt will be sent within 24 business hours.

Residency Statement: When students are admitted, their residency is based on answers to the application’s Core Residency questions and supporting documentation.  Tuition is based on this classification.  To obtain information on what constitutes district or state residency, please refer to the current catalog or visit the Admissions Office.

Contact Us

Main Campus

Address: 3110 Mustang Road, Alvin, TX 77511
Telephone: (281) 756-3500

Continuing Education Workforce Development (CEWD)

Telephone: (281) 756-3787

facebook twitter youtube flickr Instagram Logo Google+ Logo