Articulated Credit helps students start a college technical major while still in high school. In an Articulated Credit program, a student begins their course of study in high school and continues in a community college program that leads to a minimum of a two-year AAS college degree. Some technical courses may also apply toward a four-year degree.
How to claim your Articulated credit at ACC:
- After high school graduation, bring a copy of your high school transcript to Alvin Community College Advising or College and Career Pathways Office when you are ready to enroll. Students must file a petition for credit within 15 months of graduation.
- Students must declare a college technical major or an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Degree to receive any of the Articulated Credit credits from high school.
- You will fill out a petition for credit form with the coordinator and the credit will be posted to your college transcript by the end of your first semester.
Benefits of Articulated Credit Program
- Combines technical courses needed for success in college with technical courses that begin to prepare you for a career.
- Articulated courses are free.
- Students can graduate from college with an Associates of Applied Science degree programs ahead of schedule.
- Students acquire marketable skills when they graduate from high school that can be used while completing an associate and/or baccalaureate degree.
- Many technical careers offer high-paying, introductory-level employment opportunities.
ISD Articulated Credit Agreements 2016-2017
Lamar Consolidated ISD
Contact the ACC College & Career Pathways Office for more information and a listing of courses for each district.
Mrs. Julianne Bernard
College Pathways Specialist
Mrs. Akilah Martin, M.Ed.
Director of College & Career Pathways