No Classes are being offered for SPRING 2016
The Aesthetic Laser Hair Removal training is offered to help meet the workforce need for aesthetic laser facilities. The course will allow students to register with the State as an Apprentice in Training. The apprentice will then need to acquire 100 procedures under a professional laser technician before becoming a certified technician(not included in this course). The course prepares the student to test and achieve the Texas recognized designation as a Certified Laser Hair Removal Provider (CLHRP). State regulation of laser providers requires them to be certified. Regulation information can be found at : www.dshs.state.tx.us/radiation/laserhair.shtm.
The Aesthetic Laser Procedure course is a 44-contact-hour course. It will prepare the student for employment in a growing field where lasers are being used to remove unwanted hair, reduce wrinkles, tighten skin and other aesthetic procedures.
|The course will include 32 hours of training in:
- LHR device safety
- Laser physics
- Skin typing
- Skin reactions
- Treatment protocols
- Eye protection
- Emergencies and post-treatment protocols
Students will learn to:
- Review client's preexisting conditions to determine if consultation with a consulting physician is needed for possible diagnosis or treatment;
- Review client's previous hair removal procedures by another modality;
- Review client's current medications to determine if any medications need to be brought to the attention of the consulting physician based on established protocols;
- Create proper signage and posting;
- Properly use an LHR device; and anesthesia used in conjunction with LHR procedures.
This course includes 4 hours of hands-on laser experience (at the Alvin Campus). Completion of this course will allow you to apply for an Apprentice in Training with the State of Texas.
A MANDATORY 8-hour CPR class will be taught on a designated Saturday within the course time. Date will be announced during class by instructor. If the student is already CPR certified, they will be required to attend a review. Textbook required.
Upcoming Classes - No Classes for Spring 2016
Aesthetic Laser Technician
|CELOTT 1000 AC01
||Swetanhu Chaudhari, MD
||Other Fees $166
Register Online with WebACCess