Parking rules and regulations of Alvin Community College are designed to create safe traffic and parking conditions on campus. Personal safety, recognition of the college's needs and applicable laws are the primary objectives of these regulations.
No vehicle may be operated on college property if such operation is in violation of Texas Law. Alvin Community College is not responsible for vehicles damaged or personal property lost from vehicles while on campus. The College also claims no responsibility for vehicles stolen while parked on campus.
All persons are responsible for knowledge of and compliance with parking rules and regulations. Copies of these regulations are available from the College Police Department.
The following regulations are applicable at all times:
- Parking in a space reserved for faculty and staff members; these are striped WHITE.
- Parking in a space reserved for students; these spaces are striped YELLOW.
- Parking in a space reserved for students, faculty, and staff members with physical disabilities; these spaces are striped in RED or YELLOW and marked "HANDICAP."
- Parking in a no parking zone; these areas are marked in RED and some have YELLOW stripes. Parking in these areas is prohibited at all times.
- Back-in parking; this includes either backing into a space or driving through to the next space, placing the vehicle backwards.
- Speeding; the speed limit is thirty (30) miles per hour on Mustang Road and Childress Road and twenty (20) miles per hour on campus parking lots.
- Failing to yield the right of way to a pedestrian in a marked or unmarked crosswalk at an intersection.
No pedestrian shall suddenly leave curb or other place of safety so that it is impossible for the driver to yield. Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked crosswalk or with in an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection must yield the right way to all vehicles upon the roadway.
Payment of Citations
College citations can be paid in person at the Business Office located next to the Admissions Office or online through Marketplace.
[Click here to Pay Online]
If you need assistance contact the ACC Police Department or the ACC Business Office:
ACC Police Department
Monday through Friday
7:00am - 11:00pm
ACC Business Office
Monday through Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
College Police Department
Building H, Room 132
To report an emergency:
On Campus 3700
Off Campus 281.756.3700 or 911