“What Career is Right for Me?”
Making career decisions start with self assessment of your interest, abilities, skills, values and personal goals. Allow yourself time to make a well-planned career decision. Since your personal career development is a “process” rather than event, begin your self exploration and research TODAY!
Career Planning Program
The Career Planning Program (CPP) was created to assist individuals who are undecided about a major or career and or those wishing to make a career change.
The CPP consists of two on-line career assessments, handouts, a career group meeting (listed below), and individual session(s) with a Career Counselor to develop an action plan. There is a fee of $25 to cover the cost of the assessments.
To find out more, contact Diana Stiles at 281-756-3534 or stop by the Career Services Center on the 2nd floor of the A building at ACC.
ACC’s Career Program Consists of:
- Completion of two on-line extensive assessments ($25 fee for both assessments)
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - personality evaluation that helps in understanding interactions with others, heightens self awareness as it relates to career decision making, and matches personality to work environments.
Strong Interest Inventory - identifies general areas of interest as well as specific activities and occupations to further explore.
- Completion of handouts with exercises to assess values, interests, passions, transferable skills and personality (optional).
- Individual counseling session(s) to go over handouts and testing results.
- Overview of all career exploration resources in the Career Center.
- Development of career goals and an action plan.
“I Need to Declare a Major. How Do I Know Which One to Choose?”
Students who need to decide or declare a major are encouraged to take career testing. Knowing more about yourself can help you decide your education direction and our ACC Counselors are ready to help!
“How Do I Get Started?”
- Schedule and complete both assessments tests.
- Schedule tests through the Enrollment Services Center (ESC) located in the lobby of Building A.
- Payment of $25 to the Cashier’s Office located in Building A.
- Receive a packet with instructions.
- Make an appointment with a Career Counselor to discuss and assist with the interpretation of the test results.
- Diana Stiles or Julio C. Quiralte, Career Counselors – 281.756.3534
- Career Services Center – 281.756.3560
- Make knowledgeable choices!
FREE On-line Assessment Tools
Choices Planner Assessment Test
Build personalized plans through comparing, connecting and choosing career and education options by taking the Choices Planner Assessment Test. This test provides an Interest Profiler, Work Values and Basic Skills section to give you a better idea of your attitudes and interests as they relate to discovering more about you – and possible career choices.
- Website: www.bridges.com
- Student Sign-in:
- Select Site ID Tab
- Site ID: 0107566
- Password: alvincc
- Select Student Tab
- Select Choices Planner
- Create Your Portfolio
- Complete the “Guideways”
- Print Summary
- Contact a Career Counselor to evaluate your assessment. For an appointment call 281.756.3560 or 281.756.3534.
Click here for Career Exploration Services brochure.
Kuder Journey is a comprehensive and intuitive online system that helps postsecondary students and adults plan for a career, make a career change, and keep their career on track. [Kuder Registration]
Diana Stiles, NCC, LPC
Julio C. Quiralte, M.Ed., LPC
College Counselor/Academic Advisor
Career Service Center
Building A, Room 205
Disclaimer: Alvin Community College makes no particular recommendations or guarantees regarding employers or employees. We are acting as a referral service only. Thus, we are unable to research each organization or person that posts a job with the college.