The biggest benefit in taking a distance education class is time. You can do the work at any time during the day while keeping up with the course. You do not need to be in class at any given time however, you need to stay on top of the assignments and make sure that you get them in by the due dates. It is very difficult to catch up on a week or more of assignments.
Ask yourself these questions. If you answer 'yes' to all the questions, then distance education courses may be right for you.
- Can you dedicate 4 to 10 hours weekly to the course?
- Is there a quiet place for you to study or work on your assignments?
- Do you have good time management skills?
- Are you self disciplined?
If you decide to take an online/internet course, there are some technical requirements.
- Do you have unlimited access to a computer?
- Do you know how to navigate on the Internet?
- Do you have e-mail?
- Can you check-in to your class at least every other day?
Take Our Online Readiness Quiz
Are Online Classes for Me
Distance Education Department
Building A, Room 176