Alvin Community College
Dual Credit Program
Check your email, stay informed, and stay connected!!!!
Email is the official form of communication. If you are not receiving emails,
Dual Credit Advisor to verify or update your email address today!!!
Updates can also be made through WebACCess.
Click here to view the first fall Dual Credit E-Newsletter-September 2014.
*Dual Credit Orientation Power Points are now available for review. Click here for the Student Orientation . Click here for the Parent Orientation.
*ACC College textbooks are now on reserve in your high school library (AISD, PISD and DISD). Textbooks cannot be checked out but are available to use while in the library.
* Summer Grades- Students who took a course this summer should submit an unofficial ACC transcript directly to their high school counselor and/or registrar to have the grade posted to the high school transcript. Your DC Advisor can assist you with accessing your transcript but will not submit it to your high school. Unofficial transcripts are printed through WebACCess. If you need help logging in to WebACCess contact the ACC Help Desk at 281-756-3544.
*ACC Dual Credit 2014-2015 Student Handbook is now available for review. Click here.
* Learn more about transferring credits, financial aid and more! Click here: "Life after Dual Credit: Making it Count". Find more tips by clicking on our Dual Credit FAQ's link.
Tips for Success in your dual credit college course:
1. Know your professor's name! It is important to know who your professor is and how to get in contact with them should you have questions.
2. Show up for class on time and be engaged! Have your pen, pencils, paper and textbooks each day. Participate in class discussions and ask questions.
3. Review your course syllabus. Jot down assignment due dates and test dates on a calendar. Make up work is usually not an option, so don't be late. Turn in all assignments on time and in the format requested (via BlackBoard, email or in person).
4. Learn how to log into BlackBoard and WebACCess. Instructions are available under our "Forms" tab.
5. Check and read your email! Email is the official form of communication. If you're not checking or reading it, you are missing out on valuable information.
6. Attend tutorials when available or plan to visit with your professor during their office hours for assistance.
7. Keep up with all graded material. You should always know how you are doing in your class. Be sure to write your grades on your syllabus and keep up with your average. Request feedback from your professor when you have questions about a grade or if you haven't received a grade.
8. Do not cheat! Do your own work and properly site the work of others that you use.
9. Study, study, study! Do not wait until the last minute to complete an assignment, prepare a paper, or study for an exam. Time management is necessary for success.
10. Believe that you can succeed, implement successful behavior, and you will succeed!
-fall payment deadline
-Census date (no schedule changes on or after this date)
-Spring 2015 registration
-fall withdrawal deadline: students must withdraw with their ACC Dual Credit Advisor and the high school. A 'W' will appear on the ACC trancscript.
-dual credit final exams
-final semester grades should be available for review in WebACCess
-spring payment deadline
Don't just take our word for it!
Read how Dual Credit helped 2011 Dawson High School Graduate,
"I know you usually don't hear too much about the success of your past students, but I wanted to pass on some information to you regarding Haley. Since she graduated in 2011, she has worked really hard at Baylor and will be graduating this May, in 3 years, on the Dean's list. She was able to do this by capitalizing on the college credits she earned her Junior and Senior year at Dawson. It allowed her to enter into college with a semester already behind her, and not to mention, saved us half a year of tuition! Years ago, I was hesitant about her taking Dual Credit courses while in high school because I thought that they would be too much with her other class load. I am so glad now that she did. She has really benefited from the credits and it is truly a money saver on University tuition." - Sandra Peck
Do you have a success story to share? Please submit to email@example.com
Need For More Information