Check your email and Stay Informed!!!!
Email is the official form of communication. If you are not receiving emails, contact your
Dual Credit Advisor to verify or update your email address today!!!
Updates can also be made through WebACCess.
*Dual Credit Orientation Power Points are now available for review. Click here for the Student Orientation . Click here for the Parent Orientation.
*Fall 2014 Registration: Your ACC Dual Credit Advisor will register you for ACC college courses taken on the high school campus. Students will receive information regarding their fee statement in the mail or via email. Click here for instructions on how to view your college schedule of courses and how to make payment. For WebACCess instructions, click here. If there are any concerns with your schedule or fees, contact your assigned ACC Dual Credit Advisor directly.
*Don't forget to purchase your TEXT BOOKS! Click here to visit the ACC College Store online. Store hours are currently Monday-Thursday 7:30-6:30pm. Books can be purchased online or at the college store on our main campus in Alvin. Students are encouraged to purchase their books now but, do not open the wrapping until you are in class! Once the seal has been broken the book cannot be returned for any reason. All students should have the required text by the 2nd day of class.
*ATTENTION: If you signed up to take a Dual Credit Foreign Language course for the first time fall 2014, you are now required to take the Foreign Language Placement Test prior to being enrolled. Students will not be enrolled without taking this exam. If you have not taken this exam and still need to, please contact the Foreign Language Department (281-756-3709) or discuss directly with a Foreign Language instructor on the first day of school.
* Summer Grades- Students who took a course this summer should submit an unofficial ACC transcript directly to their high school counselor and/or registrar to have the grade posted to the high school transcript. Your DC Advisor can assist you with accessing your transcript but will not submit it to your high school. Unofficial transcripts are printed through WebACCess. If you need help logging in to WebACCess contact the ACC Help Desk at 281-756-3544.
*ACC Dual Credit 2014-2015 Student Handbook is now available for review. Click here.
* Learn more about transferring credits, financial aid and more! Click here: "Life after Dual Credit: Making it Count". Find more tips by clicking on our Dual Credit FAQ's link.
ARE YOU INTERESTED ???
You Can Find Out How to Take a DUAL CREDIT College Course
this Summer or Next School Year ...
Fall 2014 Dual Credit Deadlines for Participation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1st
TESTING DEADLINE: August 8th
Additional Tips for Fall enrollment:
1. Be sure to select a Dual Credit college class when completing your high school course selection sheet.
2. Complete the ACC Admission Application. Be sure to enter an email address that is checked frequently. Also, if there are siblings entering the program, each student must have their own email address.
3. Register for testing immediately! Students can begin testing now. Visit the ACC testing web page for test dates and instructions. Be sure to complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA).
4. Once you have taken the TSI exam, students should contact their DC Advisor to schedule a time to review the scores and to complete the admission process.
5. Review our Dual Credit orientation power point presentations online.
6. PLEASE complete your application by August 1st and testing by August 8th to ensure participation in the ACC Dual Credit Program.
Don't just take our word for it!
Read how Dual Credit helped 2011 Dawson High School Graduate,
"I know you usually don't hear too much about the success of your past students, but I wanted to pass on some information to you regarding Haley. Since she graduated in 2011, she has worked really hard at Baylor and will be graduating this May, in 3 years, on the Dean's list. She was able to do this by capitalizing on the college credits she earned her Junior and Senior year at Dawson. It allowed her to enter into college with a semester already behind her, and not to mention, saved us half a year of tuition! Years ago, I was hesitant about her taking Dual Credit courses while in high school because I thought that they would be too much with her other class load. I am so glad now that she did. She has really benefited from the credits and it is truly a money saver on University tuition." - Sandra Peck
Do you have a success story to share? Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Need For More Information