Check your email and Stay Informed!!!!
Email is the official form of communication. If you are not receiving emails, contact your
Dual Credit Advisor to verify or update your email address today!!!
Updates can also be made through WebACCess.
*May 2014 Dual Degree Candidates-your ACC Graduation Application is due March 7th! Do not miss this deadline! Visit with your ACC Dual Credit Advisor if you have questions.
*Graduating Seniors and current Juniors, come learn more about transferring your college credit. Attend our "Life After Dual Credit: Making it Count" Session during ACC's Spring Open House on Thursday, April 10th, 2014.
ARE YOU INTERESTED ???
You Can Find Out How to Take a DUAL CREDIT College Course
this Summer or Next School Year ...
Fall 2014 Dual Credit Deadlines for Participation
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1st
TESTING DEADLINE: August 8th
Additional Tips for Summer/Fall enrollment:
1. Be sure to select a Dual Credit college class when completing your high school course selection sheet.
2. Complete the ACC Admission application. Be sure to enter an email address that is checked frequently. Also, if there are siblings entering the program, each student must have their own email address.
3. Register for testing immediately! Students can begin testing now. Visit the ACC testing webpage for test dates and instructions. Be sure to complete the Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA).
Note: If you plan to take summer courses, please test prior to April 16th.
4. Once you have taken the TSI exam, students should contact their DC Advisor to schedule a time to review the scores and to complete the admission process.
5. Don't forget-Dual Credit Orientation for all new students. Dates will be posted soon. Plan to attend to learn all you need to know. NEW this year....Dual Credit Parent Orientation!
6. PLEASE complete your application by August 1st and testing by August 8th to ensure participation in the ACC Dual Credit Program.
ANNOUNCING THE ALVIN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
DUAL CREDIT SCHOLARSHIP
Apply for Summer 2014 or Fall 2014
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE
DUAL CREDIT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Don't just take our word for it!
Read how Dual Credit helped 2011 Dawson High School Graduate,
"I know you usually don't hear too much about the success of your past students, but I wanted to pass on some information to you regarding Haley. Since she graduated in 2011, she has worked really hard at Baylor and will be graduating this May, in 3 years, on the Dean's list. She was able to do this by capitalizing on the college credits she earned her Junior and Senior year at Dawson. It allowed her to enter into college with a semester already behind her, and not to mention, saved us half a year of tuition! Years ago, I was hesitant about her taking Dual Credit courses while in high school because I thought that they would be too much with her other class load. I am so glad now that she did. She has really benefited from the credits and it is truly a money saver on University tuition." -Sandra Peck
Do you have a success story to share? Please submit to email@example.com
Do you have questions about Dual Credit? Click below to view the Dual Credit Orientation PowerPoint presentation.
After viewing, if you have any questions contact your ACC Dual Credit Advisor directly, or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alvin Community College 2013
Dual Credit Orientation Presentation
Need For More Information