ACC DUAL CREDIT ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in the Alvin Community College Dual Credit Program. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates and registration information. Contact your ACC Advisor if you have any questions.
Requirements to enroll in the ACC Dual Credit Program:
Dual Credit students are students who have met Texas Success Initiative (TSI) standards and the ACC Admission Requirements. Interested students should complete the following steps:
*Haga clic aqui para mas informacion en Espanol
STEPS TO ENROLL (click here to print steps):
1. Complete the ACC Admission Application.
2. Take the TSI Exam or meet a waiver or exemption standard. Click here to learn more about TSI qualifying scores, waivers and exemptions.
Qualifying scores are required to register for a college course.
- The TSI exam is available at ACC for $39.00 (entire exam) or $15.00 per section. Visit Admissions Office Testing to review test dates and to register.
- Students must have a picture ID or two forms of identification to test (yearbook picture, school ID, birth certificate, passport, and/or social security card).
- ADA Accommodations are available for testing. Contact the ACC Office of Disabilities for more information prior to testing. *Click here for Dual Credit ADA Accommodations.Students may also test on their high school campus if it is a TSI testing sight. Visit the high school webpage or your high school counselor for details.
- All students must take the TSI exam unless they qualify for a waiver or exemption.
- Students taking the TSI exam for the first time must take all 3 sections of the exam. Do not skip a section.
- The Duke Talent ACT is not accepted.
3. Select a college course for which you qualify during the course selection process. Visit with an ACC Advisor if you have questions.
4. Complete the Early Admission Contract (EAC)
Print, complete, and return to your ACC Advisor.
5. Register for Dual Credit Orientation. Information will be posted soon.
Dual Credit Academic Standards:
The college cumulative GPA will be calculated at the completion of each semester. Students whose college cumulative GPA is below 2.0, will be suspended from taking additional dual credit classes for one long semester (Fall or Spring); however, a student may retake only the courses in which an ‘F’ or a ‘D’ has been earned during the semester of suspension. Students may be reinstated the following semester. After completing classes during the reinstated semester, if the semester GPA remains below 2.0, future participation in the Dual Credit program will be prohibited.
Students must earn a C or higher in Foreign Language Classes prior to moving to the next level.
House Bill 505:
House Bill 505 removed limitations on the number of classes a student may take. However, Alvin Community College recommends that students taking more than three classes per semester do so only under the recommendation or advisement of the ACC Advisor or the High School Counselor.
Additional Dual Credit Documents:
Student Data Change Form
How to log into WebACCess
How to log into Blackboard