Thank you for your interest in the Alvin Community College Dual Credit Program. Remember to follow us on Twitter for updates and registration information. Contact your ACC Dual Credit Advisor if you have any questions. Don't forget to view the links below to print your steps for enrollment and more!
Requirements to enroll in the ACC Dual Credit Program:
Dual Credit (high school and college credit) students are students who have met Texas Success Initiative (TSI) standards and the ACC Admission Requirement. Students are expected to perform at the college level and to honor all deadlines declared by the college or by the instructor. Freshmen & Sophomores must meet TSI Reading and Writing standards to participate in the Dual Credit program. Foreign Language is the one exception which requires students to meet TSI Reading standards. Juniors & Seniors must meet TSI standards, or be exempt through SAT, ACT, or EOC scores. Waivers are also available with PSAT scores.
2014-2015 TSI and other score requirements:
ACT Scores: 23 Composite 11th grade STAAR:
19 Math 2000- Level 2 English III
19 English 4000-Level 2 Algebra II
SAT Scores: 1070 Composite PSAT Waiver: 107 Composite
500 Critical Reading 50 Critical Reading
500 Math 50 Math
11th grade TAKS: 2200 Reading/Writing TSI Assessment: Reading-351
2200 Math Writing-363 or 5+
College Algebra Placement
Students must complete the following to enroll:
1) Select a dual credit class through the course selection process or directly with their high school counselor.
2) Complete an ACC online admission application.
3) Complete an Early Admission Contract (EAC)-see below.
4) Take the TSI exam and/or meet an exemption. Please meet directly with your ACC Dual Credit Advisor to determine what testing, if any is needed. Students should contact their ACC DC Advisor directly after testing to let the advisor know testing has been completed.
5) Dual Credit students are required to attend DC New Student Orientation prior to the fall semester. The orientation presentation is posted online after August 1st.
6) All students are required to pay tuition for all dual credit college courses by the published deadline. Books should be purchased prior to the first day of school or immediately after the first day of class.
Dual Credit Academic Standards:
The college cumulative GPA will be calculated at the completion of each semester. Students whose college cumulative GPA is below 2.0, will be suspended from taking additional dual credit classes for one long semester (Fall or Spring); however a student may retake only the course they’ve earned a ‘F’ or ‘D’ in during the semester of suspension . Students can be reinstated the following semester. After completing classes during the reinstated semester, if the semester GPA remains below 2.0, future participation in the Dual Credit program will be prohibited.
Students must earn a C or higher in Foreign Language Classes prior to moving to the next level.
Dual Credit Overload- Taking More Than 2 Courses Per Semester:
Dual Credit students are limited to 2 dual credit courses per semester. Permission for additional courses will be granted if the following criteria have been met:
-New Dual Credit Students (first semester): must have a cumulative high school GPA of an 85 average or higher.
-Current Dual Credit Students: must have a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Click on the documents below for Summer/Fall 2015 Registration. Don't forget to contact us if you have any questions.
NEW! 2015-2016 Dual Credit Enrollment Checklist
NEW! 2015-2016 TSI Testing Information and Requirements
NEW! 2015-2016 Early Admission Contract
2014-2015 Dual Credit Enrollment Checklist
2014-2015 Early Admission Contract
Test Registration Instructions-TSI Assessment
Student Data Change Form
How to log into WebACCess
How to log into BlackBoard