Financial Aid Deadlines:
If your application is complete by the deadline (listed below), your application will be given PRIORITY STATUS. Priority applications are processed in time for tuition and fee payment. To be considered complete, you must complete all of the steps below by the deadline.
If your application is not complete by the deadline, your aid may not be available for tuition and fee payment. Be prepared to use personal funds for payment.
Financial Aid applications are accepted throughout the year; however, some funds are limited and awarded on the first-come-first basis. Apply early for best opportunities.
Step 1: Complete the Admissions Process
- Complete an ACC Admissions application. You must be fully admitted in order for your financial aid eligibility to be determined.
- Submit official transcripts from all previous schools.
- File a degree or certificate plan with an Academic Advisor.
Step 2: Create an FSA ID
You must create an FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID) to electronically sign the FAFSA. For a dependent student, your parents should also create an FSA ID, so that they can electronically sign the FAFSA. For those who do not already have an FSA ID, one can be created on the FSA ID website. A FAFSA that has not been submitted with the required signature(s) will be rejected by the Department of Education and cannot be processed.
Step 3: Complete the FAFSA
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only government-approved application for determining your eligibility for aid. The FAFSA is available online. If you list the ACC school code (003539), we will download your information electronically from the Federal Central Processing Center.
Please complete the appropriate FAFSA. YOU ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO USE THE IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL TO COMPLETE THE TAX INFORMATION ON THE FAFSA. USING THE IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL WILL SAVE YOU TIME AND PAPERWORK ONCE YOUR APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL. YOU WILL BE PROMPTED TO USE THE TOOL DURING THE FAFSA COMPLETION.
- 2015-2016 FAFSA for Fall 2015, Spring 2016 and Summer 2016 semesters. June 30, 2016 is the last day to apply. You will need your (and your parents' if applicable) 2014 federal tax return to complete the application.
- 2016-2017 FAFSA for Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 semesters. You will need your (and your parents' if applicable) 2015 federal tax return to complete the application.
Step 4: Submit all required documents
Once ACC has received and reviewed the results of your FAFSA, you will receive an email with instructions and a list of required documents. Submit all required documents to ACC at one time. Documents may be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Via email, by sending all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and ACC ID Number in the email.
- Via fax, 281-756-3840. Please include your full name and ACC ID Number on all pages.
- In person, at the ACC Financial Aid Office.
I turned in all of my documents to the Financial Aid Office...What happens now?
ACC’s only form of communication with students is email, and we only send email to the address that you have on file with the Admissions Office. You will be contacted by the Financial Aid Office via email if we have questions about your application, or need additional information. Many of our emails are sent out as mass communications, so be sure to check your junk mail or spam folder and mark ACC emails as “safe”.
Login to WebACCess to check your aid status, to register for classes, check your balance, and check if your refund has been sent to you.
ACC sends all Award Notifications via email, to the address on file with the Admissions Office.
- Purchase your books and supplies.
If you have money left over after your aid is applied to your tuition and fees, you may use the balance to purchase books and supplies (check WebACCess to determine your balance). There are two options to get your books and supplies:
- Use your remaining balance at the ACC Bookstore. Check the Latest News section on the ACC Financial Aid website for dates that your aid will be available at the ACC Bookstore, OR,
- Wait for your aid refund check to be mailed to you. Students with aid balances on the first day of class will have their refunds mailed first. Refund dates are posted to the Latest News section of the ACC Financial Aid website.
- Ask before making changes to your FAFSA.
Adding an additional school to your FAFSA will not affect your eligibility (although you must cancel your aid at ACC before using it at another school). However, changes to your income, marital status, family members, or other data may change the amount of aid that you receive. Ask a Financial Aid Advisor before making changes to your FAFSA.
Financial Aid Office