Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web

You are here  >  Financial Aid  >  Grants


Grants, such as the Federal Pell Grant, are awarded to students based on financial need and do not have to be repaid as long as students meet all requirements.

Federal Pell Grant  This need-based grant makes funds available to eligible undergraduate students. The Pell Grant is awarded based on financial need and does not have to be repaid. In general, students must enroll in at least six hours per semester that aRE required for their ACC degree/certificate plan in order to be eligible for Pell Grant funds.  Pell Grant awards are adjusted according the the number of hours enrolled.  To apply, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance.

New Federal Regulations limit the amount of Pell Grant that students can receive. The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds is limited to the equivalent of six years of Pell Grant funding over the lifetime of your education. More information can be found on the U.S. Department of Education website.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) FSEOG awards are given to those students with the greatest need as determined by the family contribution. Although these funds are limited, students applying for the Pell Grant will automatically be considered for this program. Awards are disbursed in two payments.

Texas Public Education Grants (TPEG)  State legislation has made grant funds available to students with financial need, that are enrolled in at least 6 eligible hours per semester.  Although these funds are limited, students applying for the Pell Grant will automatically be considered for this program.

Texas Educational Opportunity Grant (TEOG) Need-based grant authorized by the State of Texas. To receive consideration, students must be a Texas resident, be enrolled at least half-time (6 hours) in a certificate or associate degree plan at a two-year institution, demonstrate financial need, not have been convicted of a felony or crime involving a controlled substance, not have an associate degree or baccalaureate degree, and not be eligible for a Texas Grant.

Hazlewood Act - Financial Assistance for Texas Veterans  The Hazlewood Act is an act of Texas legislation. It provides exemption of payment for tuition and certain fees for Texas veterans at state-supported colleges and universities who present proof of the following:

  • residency in Texas at the time of entry into the military,
  • receipt of an honorable or under honorable conditions discharge,
  • service time of 180 days of active duty (excluding training time), and
  • residency in Texas for a minimum of 12 months prior to college registration >

Eligibility is determined from an original or certified copy of the veterans DD214. Veterans who have been discharged within the past ten years must also present a letter from the Department of Veteran's Affairs stating that the veteran is not eligible to receive benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill.

Application for Hazlewood benefits is made through the Registrar's Office. Applicants should begin the application process six (6) weeks prior to registration to establish eligibility. Once approved, students must obtain a Tuition Exemption Form from the Registrar's Office (281.756.3581) prior to paying tuition but no later than the census date of each semester to receive benefits. Students in default on an educational loan are not eligible to receive the Hazlewood exemption. Eligible veterans may attempt up to 150 semester credit hours using the Hazlewood benefit.

Workforce Investment Act of 1998  The Houston-Galveston Area Council, through the WorkSource in the Gulf Coast area, provides tuition, fees, books, career counseling, and other services related to employment. To determine eligibility, individuals should contact the nearest WorkSource.

Tuition Rebate  Texas Senate Bill 1907 provides a tuition rebate to students who complete their first baccalaureate degree while attempting no more than three credits beyond what is required for the degree. The rebate applies to students who enrolled for the first time in a college or university in Fall 1997 or later. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more details.

Tuition Tax Credit   The Tax Relief Act of 1997 allows eligible students to receive a tax credit. Students must be enrolled for at least six credit hours in a degree or certificate program. The 1098T form will be mailed to the IRS and to students on a yearly basis. For more information contact the college Business Office at 281.756.3509.

Contact Information

Financial Aid Office
Fax: 281.756.3840

Contact Us

Main Campus

Address: 3110 Mustang Road, Alvin, TX 77511
Telephone: (281) 756-3500

Continuing Education Workforce Development (CEWD)

Telephone: (281) 756-3787

facebook twitter youtube flickr Instagram Logo Google+ Logo

Featured Items

ACC Foundation
ACC Softball
ACC Baseball
Active Shooter Response
Art Department/Exhibits
Campus Life
Campus Technology
College President
Computer Lab
Drama/Theatre Season
Evaluate Your Instructor
Learning Lab
Parking Permits/Student I.D.'s


Media Networks


Contact Us

Name  *
Email  *
Inquiry Type *
Message *