Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web

You are here  >  Financial Aid¬† > ¬†Student Employment

Student Employment

Employment opportunities are available for on-campus and off-campus employment. Career Services coordinates and assists students in finding on and off-campus employment.

Types of student employment:

  • Federal Work-study
  • Texas Work-Study Program
  • Internship / Co-op (On-campus Student Assistant)
  • Regular Wage Employment (Student Assistant)
  • JobLink 

Federal Work Study

The Federal Work-Study Program provides jobs for undergraduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. The program encourages community service work and work related to a student’s course of study.

Effort is made to place students in jobs related to their academic interests. Need is determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Students may work no more than 19 hours per week and are paid minimum wage. The total amount earned by students may not exceed the student’s total Federal Work-Study award. When assigning work hours, your employer or financial aid administrator will consider your class schedule and your academic progress.

Texas Work-Study Program

This program provides on-campus employment for students who qualify on the basis of financial need. To be considered for employment under this program, the student must first apply for the Pell Grant, be enrolled at least half-time, show a need for the earnings to pay for college expenses, and be a Texas resident.

Internship / Co-op (On-campus Student Assistant)
On-Campus internship / co-op employment allows students to integrate academic studies with related work experience. Students may work in an office, for a faculty member in a college department or on special projects. Students will have the opportunity to earn academic credit as well as gain valuable work experience which is necessary to succeed in today’s job market. Students may apply for “On-Campus Employment” at NeoGov - Student Employment - On Campus.

Regular Wage Employment (Student Assistant)
Various employment opportunities are available for students to work part-time on-campus. The positions are open to currently enrolled students. Students may work up to 19 hours a week and work hours are scheduled around a student’s class schedule. Positions are funded by the individual departments and available on a limited basis. Students may apply for “On-Campus Employment” at NeoGov - Student Employment - On Campus.

Employment paperwork must be picked up in the Financial Aid office once your placement has been chosen.  

Find out your employee rights.

Requirements for On and Off-Campus Employment

These steps are required for on and off-campus Work Study and
Student Assistant jobs:

  1. Apply for financial aid at
  2. Must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen and provide proof.
  3. Obtain an Employment Authorization Packet from the ACC Financial Aid Office, and complete and submit required forms.  This is required for all on and off-campus student employee placements. 
  4. Obtain approval and eligibility requirements from the Financial Aid Office at The off-campus work-study placement requires that you work at a 501(C)3 non-profit entity (financial aid recipients only).
  5. During employment, must maintain a grade point average of 2.0 each semester.
  6. Maintain six hours of college credit (includes developmental and academic coursework). See Financial Aid for more specifics.
  7. Obtain approval from the Financial Aid office. This is required before applying for employment in database.
  8. Create a profile in NeoGov by clicking Sign In in the top right hand corner.

Contact Us

Main Campus

Address: 3110 Mustang Road, Alvin, TX 77511
Telephone: (281) 756-3500

facebook twitter youtube flickr Instagram Logo