Our goal at Alvin Community College is to foster student success. At some point, everyone needs some assistance to reach their goals and potential. The help you need is readily available. Just a few of the services that are widely used by students across campus include the following:
- Computer Labs
- Wireless Internet
- Instant Messaging with the Library staff
- Free Tutoring in the Learning Lab
- Study Skills and Student Success Workshops
For more information about specific resources, see the “Quick Links” section below, or come by Advising Services to meet with an advisor or counselor.
If you're like many of our students, you work full or part-time and attend college. To assist you in achieving a proper balance between work hours and academic course load, we recommend the following guidelines.
- Your total number of work, class and study hours should be limited to about 60 hours a week
- You spend at least two hours of study time for each class hour; more for more difficult courses.
If you have any questions, please send an email to an academic advisor.