Approved for VA funding !
Shift your career into high gear!
According to the U.S. Department of Labor, opportunities for commercial truck drivers are expected to grow 21% over the next few years, which makes this a great time to embark on a rewarding, secure career in the trucking industry. Trucking companies across the country are trying desperately to fill the increasing demand for trained truck drivers and new graduates are finding themselves more valued than ever in this competitive job market. In the Alvin Community College Commercial Driving Licensing Program, students are prepared for entry-level employment in the trucking industry.
This 160 hour program provides classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel driving experience.Classes are offered Monday through Thursday from 7:00am - 5:30pm. Students will receive their CDL, "Class A" Training in 4 weeks.
Click here for CDL Student Information Packet
The vehicles used in the ACC CDL training program are comparable to those used in the trucking industry. We currently have two trucks that are conventional tractors, with 10 speed and 13 speed transmissions, setback axles, dual tandem rear axles with Jiff lock. Trailer is a 53 foot dry van with access to other trailers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Texas driver's license
- Must have a valid Social Security number
- Must have original or certified copy of birth certificate
- Must pass mandatory DOT drug screen test
- Must pass a physical and be in good physical condition
- Must not be under doctors care with work limitations hindering ability to do assigned class and skills work
- Must have no serious physical handicap
- Must be English proficient or pass the English Proficiency Test administered by the testing center at the college
- Must be able to travel throughout the state of Texas
New CDL Refresher Course - The object of this 40 hour CDL Refresher Course is to reacquaint student with the equipment and its safe operation. The student will demonstrate control of the vehicle; exhibit the ability to shift the tractor efficiently; demonstrate the operation of a tractor trailer combination; and move the vehicle safely forward and backward around various obstacles. Classes based on demand. For info contact Jimmie Munk at 281.756.3819 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Attention Local Companies - Do you have a group of employees that need CDL training?
Contact Jimmie Munk at 281.756.3819 or email@example.com
Commercial Driving License (CDL) Class A "Training" in 4 weeks!
Course No. Date(s) Time Day Room Instructor
CECVOP 1013 AC01 09/15/14 - 10/09/14 07:00AM - 05:30PM MTWTH H112 J Munk
CECVOP 1013 AC02 10/13/14 - 11/06/14 07:00AM - 05:30PM MTWTH H112 J Munk
CECVOP 1013 AC03 11/10/14 - 12/11/14 07:00AM - 05:30PM MTWTH H112 J Munk
Fee(s): Tuition IN $3620.00 Tuition OD $3640.00 Other Fees $186.00
For more info contact Jimmie Munk at 281.756.3819
Registration | Policies