The Aesthetic Laser Procedures training is offered to help meet the workforce need in aesthetic laser facilities. Completion of this course will allow you to apply for an Apprentice in Training with the State of Texas. The course prepares the student to test and achieve the Texas recognized designation as a Certified Laser Hair Removal Provider (CLHRP). State regulation of laser providers requires them to be certified. Regulation information can be found at: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/radiation/laserhair.shtm.
The Aesthetic Laser Procedure course is a 40 contact-hour course plus 4 hours of hands on laser experience. It will prepare the student for employment in a growing field where lasers are being used to remove unwanted hair, reduce wrinkles, tighten skin and other aesthetic procedures.
|The course will include 32 hours of training in
- LHR device safety
- laser physics
- skin typing
- skin reactions
- treatment protocols
- eye protection
- emergencies and post treatment protocols
Student will learn how to:
- review of client's preexisting conditions to determine if consultation with a consulting physician is needed for possible diagnosis or treatment;
- review of client's previous hair removal procedures by another modality;
- review of client's current medications to determine if any medications need to be brought to the attention of the consulting physician based on established protocols;
- proper signage and posting;
- use of a LHR device; and anesthesia used in conjunction with LHR procedures.
This course includes 4 hours of hands on laser experience (at the Alvin Campus). Completion of this course will allow you to apply for an Apprentice in Training with the State of Texas.
A mandatory 8 hour CPR class will be taught on a designated Saturday within the course time. Date will be announced during class by instructor.
Aesthetic Laser Technician
Course No. Date(s) Time Day Room Instructor
CELOTT 1071 AC01 07/13/14 - 08/03/14 09:00AM - 05:00PM SS H112 Swetanhu Chaudhari, MD
Fee(s): Tuition IN $2,000.00 Tuition OD $2,020.00 Other Fees $336.00
CELOTT 1071 AC01 09/07/14 - 10/12/14 09:00AM - 05:00PM SS H112 Swetanhu Chaudhari, MD
Fee(s): Tuition IN $2,000.00 Tuition OD $2,020.00 Other Fees $206.00
To learn more about this ACC program, contact Stacy Ebert
at email@example.com or 281.756.3806.