Our marketing and advertising efforts promote the college through a wide variety of media such as radio, cable television, newspapers, magazines, billboards, and through digital mediums such as websites, email and social media. We develop advertisements, publications, recruiting materials, and marketing plans.
We are responsible for distributing class schedules, catalogs, brochures, curriculum guides, rack cards, and prospect information packets. We also assist with large event coordination.
Need Help Marketing A Program or Event?
Though most of our efforts are aimed at promoting the college as a whole, we also work with individual departments and programs as the need arises. If you would like assistance with marketing your program or event, please contact us so that we may schedule time to discuss your needs.
Please contact us at least two months in advance in order to get the best results.
How to Submit Work Requests:
To request Marketing and Advertising services, complete our online Project Request Form. Select the Marketing & Graphic Design form. Be sure to include detailed information and attachments if necessary.
Director, Marketing & Media
Did you know that you can borrow items to enhance your recruitment efforts? These items are available to you at no charge. Here is a list of items you can borrow:
- ACC Logo table covers (red or black)
- Plain table covers (black only)
- Photo Booth Kiosk (the Student Recruiter or Student Ambassador must be present to operate kiosk)
- Tri-fold table top (velcro information on display)
- Step and Repeat Pop-Up banners (two sizes - ACC logo repeated)
- 15’w x 8’h
- 8’w x 8’h
- Expandable display (2 sizes)
- 5.5’w x 4.5’h - black, velcro items on display
- 10’w x 10’h (either black or with graphics)
- Retractable Banners (3) – Apply Now
- Balloon weights
- Brochure displays
Requests for equipment rental must be made one month in advance.
Our graphic artists produce digital and print materials supporting the marketing and recruitment efforts of the college. This includes, but is not limited to advertisements, banners, brochures, business cards, catalogs, class schedules, envelopes, flyers, letterhead, postcards, posters, and newsletters. They also administer and create graphics for the Blue Tube system.
Graphics Request Guidelines
Requests for digital graphics should be made at least three weeks in advance. Once we've received your request and all relevant information, your job is scheduled for production. Production time varies depending on the complexity of the project. Typical turnaround is 1-2 weeks. Less time is typically needed for repeat jobs or items requiring minor editing.
Once you receive a digital proof of your job, please review and send any changes within 48 hours to ensure that your job is completed on time.
How to Submit Work Requests:
To request graphic design services, complete our online Project Request Form. Select the Marketing & Graphic Design form. Be sure to include detailed information and attachments if necessary.
Senior Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer (P/T)
Our Media Technology department provides the following services:
- Audio/Video equipment check out
- Audio/Video setup and video recordings
- CD/DVD Duplication (with copyright permissions) & labels for instructional purposes
- Classroom technology support
- Marquee updates and hardware support
- Security systems support
- Signs, banners, posters, support & preparation
- VHS to DVD conversions (with copyright permissions)
How to Submit Jobs:
To request services, please complete our online Project Request Form. Select the Media Services form.
Media Technology requests require seven days advance notice.
The ACC Print Shop is located on the first floor of Building D in Room 125. It is equipped with a Xerox D110 Copier/Printer and a Xerox Versant 180P color printer.
M-Th, 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
F, 8-11:30 a.m.
How to Submit Jobs:
Hard Copy – You may submit hard copy jobs by bringing or mailing them to the print shop along with a completed Job Request Ticket.
Digital – To send digital files, please select the appropriate Fiery driver from your list of computer printers. Select Print Shop–BW for black and white jobs. Select Print Shop–Color for color jobs.
The Print Shop does not accept jobs sent via email.
- Please allow 24 hours for b/w prints and 48 hours for color & jobs requiring binding.
- Submit marketing materials to Director, Marketing & Media for approval prior to sending the Print Shop.
- Reprints due to content errors will be charged to client’s budget code. Please review your job carefully prior to submission.
- Business cards are printed on or near the first day of each month.
- Off-campus employees should send digital jobs through an on-campus administrator.
- Order more copies than you think you need. It is more costly and time-consuming to reprint additional copies.
- When sending jobs through the Fiery, enter details about your job in the Instructions box only. Click “OK” when complete and then click “Print”.
The Marketing & Media department has an inventory of basic items such as pens, pencils, and notepads that can be provided for your event. Please contact Cammy Guggisberg for ordering in stock items.
Custom Ordering Guidelines:
- Contact Us – Please get in touch with us before ordering promotional items. We can probably help you cut costs by working with preferred vendors.
- Plan Ahead – The process to order specialized items could take up to two months to receive your final products.
- Approval – All requests for promotional items with the college logo must be approved by the Marketing & Media department before placing orders. This is to ensure the proper artwork is sent to the vendor and all promotional items are representative of the college brand.
- Rest Easy – Once we have created the appropriate art for your product, we will supply the vendor with the necessary files.
- URLs – The only website url that will be listed on promotional items is alvincollege.edu or alvincollege.edu/department.
- Logo Usage – Deviations from the College logo and tagline will not be permitted. Departments may use special logos created by Marketing & Media.
- Colors – Items should be ordered in coordination with the College’s official colors: red and black with white accent.
Today’s students and the population in general relies more on digital media as a primary source of information. We strive to maintain this digital connection with our audiences through the management of the college’s official Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram accounts. We also maintain a presence on Snapchat and YouTube. This involves posting notifications about college events, awards & achievements, emergencies, important dates, etc. We use these mediums to connect with students in a fun and engaging way to solicit conversations and interest about the college.
We also provide guidance on proper usage of unofficial club or department social media pages. Please take time to read the guidelines and become familiar with the college’s view on proper social media engagement. We desire that all communication uphold the image of the college as in institution that provides a high-quality educational experience that promotes student success and enhances quality of life.
Requests for developing a social media campaign should be made at least two weeks in advance.
For more information, please visit the Social Media section.
Digital Marketing Specialist
The Alvin Community College website is one of our most valuable marketing tools. The website is also an essential resource for the entire campus community.
Some of Our Services Include:
- Posting new content and updating information
- Creating landing pages and specialized forms for ACC courses, programs or events
- Assisting faculty with creating their webpages, blogs or wikis and linking them to the ACC public website
- Training faculty & staff to use ACC’s web content management system (CMS)
- Promoting college events and announcements by posting them on the campus calendar and the homepage banner when appropriate
- Creating analytical reports used for fixing website issues and monitoring site activity
How to Submit Jobs:
To request an update or addition to the website, complete our online Project Request Form. Select the Web Services form.
Simple requests can be completed within 48 hours of acceptance. Requests for new or replacement pages requires 10 days. For more complex jobs, please allow two-four weeks for completion.
Please note that all changes to the website must be cleared by the appropriate department or party responsible for the information.
This Isn't Us:
We do not maintain or support the following websites and applications:
- Blackboard – Contact Distance Ed & IT Helpdesk
- WebACCess – Contact the IT Department
- The POD – Contact the IT Department
- Course Syllabi – Contact Distance Ed
- Marketplace & Touchnet – Contact the Business Office
- College Store – Contact Vicki Marvel