Steps to a Successful Transfer
Start Early and Plan Ahead
As you start your academic career at Alvin Community College you should be researching your transfer options as well. Our Academic Advisors are available to help you map our your path to completion. It is our goal is to help students facilitate a seamless transfer to the college/university of their choice.
- Select a major. Need help? Visit the ACC Career Services office and check out ACC Career Coach app.
- Obtain your degree plan and transfer plan by visiting the ACC advisor or the website of your chosen university.
- Determine if ACC has a Transfer Pathway Agreement with your university of choice. Visit an ACC advisor or the College and Career Pathways office.
Research Your Options and Select a University
- Determine which College/University has a degree in your chosen profession.
- Research admission requirements such as required GPA, application deadlines, and minimum and maximum number of transfer credits accepted.
- Research the cost of attendance, and then explore scholarship and financial aid requirements.
- Determine if there is an on campus living requirement for transfer students.
- Visit each campus to determine if you like the location and atmosphere.
Choose an Institution and Apply
- If you are planning to attend a university in Texas, visit ApplyTX.org to complete one application for multiple schools in Texas.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
The transfer process requires you to meet many published deadline. Be sure to meet all deadlines or your application will not be considered for admission. Some of the deadlines and requirements you need to be aware of are:
- Application deadline
- Financial Aid deadline
- Scholarship Requirements and deadline
- Housing Application and deadline
Choose to be Successful
The key to a successful transfer is your performance at Alvin Community College. Excel in the required courses for transfer, get involved in campus activities, research your career goals, and meet all the published deadlines for transfer. For continued support on your path to success, visit an ACC advisor.