COVID-19 Student Information
Reviewed & Updated: April 15, 2020
for Student Services
ACC Student Services is now offering Virtual Appointments for admissions, testing, financial aid and more! Click the icon to contact us or to request a virtual appointment.
through Microsoft Bookings
ACC Student Services is now offering Virtual Appointments for advising. Click the
icon to request a virtual appointment.
[How to book a Virtual Advising Appointment]
Alvin Community College continues to monitor coronavirus (COVID-19). The college is taking steps to ensure the health and safety of our students and employees. Here are the latest updates:
- All 2020 Summer session credit classes will be offered online only. Registration begins April 14.
- Campus services (admissions, advising, testing, etc.) are currently operating during normal business hours in an online format only. Please see the Student Services section below for how to access these services.
- Until further notice, computer labs are closed for student use.
- Registration will take place online beginning April 14 for Summer registration and May 12 for Fall registration.
Access to Free Wi-Fi
Comcast is offering free wi-fi for the next 60 days. Learn more.
- Blackboard – students are directed to contact Blackboard Support Services’ toll free number, 1-877-310-5153. Any issues that can’t be resolved through Bb support are then routed to IT Services or Distance Education.
- Passwords – passwords may be recovered on The POD’s login page by using the Forgot Password link.
- The POD - if you are receiving,"An error has occurred" when connecting to The POD, please clear your browser's cache or try another browser. ACC IT Services is working towards a permanent solution to this issue. How to clear browser cache in Chrome.
- For additional assistance, or for other issues, please call 281-756-3544.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic and until further notice, student services offices are not open to the public. During this time, all offices remain available to serve you virtually.
New, Returning and Current Students
Student Services Questions can be sent to the offices listed below. Messages will be returned within 24 hours or less:
- Admissions/Registrations/Transcript Services
- Drops and Withdrawals from Classes Requests
- Financial Aid
- TSI and other Testing Services
- Student Activities
- Student Disability Services
- Request/Reports for Personal Counseling Website
Counseling Services Referral Form
- Title IX Information and Complaints
Visit the Title IX Information Page
Other Contact Methods
You may also contact Student Services through your online course platform. In Blackboard, click on the tab titled "Student Services". The links there connect you directly to various Student Services service options.
Events, Activities, & Amenities
The following events and activities have been cancelled due to the epidemic:
- All student activities events
- All athletic events through the end of the semester
- Choir and band concerts
- Amazing Race to College
- PTK induction
- Study Abroad trip to Ireland
The following facilities are closed until further notice.
- Game Room
- Fitness Center
A decision has not yet been made regarding the Awards Day, commencement, graduation and pinning ceremonies.
The college is not restricting or banning personal travel at this time. Students, faculty, or staff traveling to affected areas (Level 2 or 3 as determined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) are required to report their visit to the college (see form below) and must self-quarantine for 14 days after they return.
Any ACC student or employee with symptoms or exposure to the COVID-19 virus should inform their professor(s) or supervisor and complete the college’s self-report form.
Help Prevent Illness
You can help prevent the spread of illness and reduce the impact on our community by taking common precautions:
- Practice social distancing by avoiding crowded areas and keeping 6 feet of distance from others.
- Wash your hands frequently, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth with tissue or your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if exhibiting respiratory symptoms such as a cough, difficulty breathing, or fever until you are fever-free for 24 hours without the aid of medication. Contact your healthcare provider and notify your instructor or supervisor.