CDL Training/Truck Driving
We offer a 160-Hour Class "A" Commercial Truck Driving License Training Program, Pre-Trip Testing Training Program and Refresher Training Courses.
Trucking companies across the country are trying desperately to fill the increasing demand for trained truck drivers and new graduates are finding themselves more valued than ever in this competitive job market. In the Alvin Community College Commercial Driving Licensing Program, students are prepared for entry-level employment in the trucking industry.
This program provides classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel driving experience and training. Students will receive their CDL, "Class A" training in 4 weeks.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid Texas driver license
- Must have a valid Texas Class A driver permit (see below)
- Must have a valid Social Security number
- Must have original or certified copy of birth certificate
- Must pass a DOT physical and be in good physical condition
- Must not be under doctors care with work limitations to do assigned class and skills work
- Must have no serious physical handicap
- Must be English proficient or pass the English Proficiency Test administered at the college
- Must be able to travel throughout the state of Texas
All students are required to have their CDL Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) before registering for the class. To prepare for the course download the Texas Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver's Handbook.
The cost of the (CLP) is $25.00. If an individual fails any exam three times, a new application fee of $25.00 is required.
Students will need to take Sections 2, 5, 6 and 14 for the Commercial Learners Permit (CLP).
Students are required to pass all 4 written tests in order to obtain the (CLP).
- Test 1 - Section 14: Special Requirements for Texas Commercial Motor Vehicles
- Test 2 - Section 2: General Knowledge (Driving Safely) Recommended to browse entire handbook but questions are mainly chosen from Section 1, 2, 3, 12, and 13.
- Test 3 - Section 5: Air Brakes
- Test 4 - Section 6: Combination Vehicles
ACC is a certified Third Party Skills Testing Provider. If you are interested in scheduling a test with us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The objective of this customized course is to provide the learner with all of the training and practice they need in order to pass the Pre-Trip testing component needed to obtain a Class A or B License. For more information, call 281-756-5710 or email email@example.com.
The objective of this 40-hour CDL Refresher Course is to reacquaint student with the equipment and its safe operation. The student will demonstrate control of the vehicle; exhibit the ability to shift the tractor efficiently; demonstrate the operation of a tractor trailer combination; and move the vehicle safely forward and backward around various obstacles. Classes based on demand. For more information, call 281-756-3819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The vehicles used in the ACC CDL program are comparable to those used in the trucking industry. We have two trucks that are conventional tractors, with 10-speed and 13-speed transmissions, setback axles, dual tandem rear axles with Jiff lock. Our trailer is a 53-foot dry van with access to other trailers.
Commercial Driving License (CDL) - Class "A" Training in 4 weeks. Prior to start date, contact the program coordinator for additional requirement at 281.756.3819
|CECVOP 1013 01||9/20/2021 - 10/14/2021||7:00AM - 5:30PM||MTWTH||Hybrid/B-Lot||J Munk|
|CECVOP 1013 02||10/11/2021 - 11/4/2021||7:00AM - 5:30PM||MTWTH||Hybrid/B-Lot||J Munk|
|CECVOP 1013 03||11/1/2021 - 11/30/2021||7:00AM - 5:30PM||MTWTH||Hybrid/B-Lot||J Munk|
Tuition & Fees
In-District:$3,800 | Out-of District: $3,835 | Other Fees: $275.20
Costs does not include physical exam, books, or CLP. Tuition and fees are subject to change.