Student Accessibility Services
All SAS Students must complete and submit a new Semester Request Form for each semester enrolled to receive an updated accommodation letter. Common forms / links can be found below, see link on left for additional forms.
- Semester Request Form
- Sign Language Interpreter / CART Request Form
- Request for Text in Alternate Format
The student is responsible for:
1. Contacting Student Accessibility Services at least two weeks before subsequent semesters to receive an updated disability letter (four weeks when adaptive equipment or interpreter services are needed). Failure to do so could result in delay or suspension of services.
2. Submitting and discussing your approved academic accommodations with each of your instructors after receiving your accommodation letter to make specific arrangements for any necessary accommodations. Understand that your accommodations are not retroactive and are not applicable until you have discussed the academic accommodations with your instructor(s).
3. Setting up any special testing arrangements agreed upon with your instructor and, if applicable, for making an appointment with the Testing Center at least one week in advance of any test deadline. Otherwise, there is no guarantee that the accommodations can be in place when needed.
The instructor is responsible to:
1. Meet with students who provide an Accommodation Letter from SAS to discuss implementation of their approved accommodations.
2. Provide accommodations in a timely manner, and ensure instructional materials are in accessible formats, which include captioned videos, text readable documents, etc. Understand that accommodations are not retroactive and are not applicable until you have discussed the academic accommodations with the student.
3. Maintain appropriate confidentiality of accommodation notifications and communications regarding the student’s involvement with the Student Accessibility Services Office.