GED & ESL
Get ready for GED testing with prep classes from ACC!
Smooth the way for GED testing by enrolling in one of the GED preparatory classes offered by ACC’s Adult Basic Education Department.
GED Comprehensive Preparation – Our seasoned GED instructors will take you through all four parts of the test – reading/writing, social studies, science, and mathematics – to give you the boost you need to pass the test and earn your GED. This class includes 75 hours of review and access to free tutoring in the ACC Learning lab. Day and night classes are available this semester!
Course Date(s) Time Day Room Instructor
CEAED 0020 AC01 GED Comp Prep
09/09/2019 – 10/21/2019 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM MTWTH H131 G, Y'Barbo/ K, Ford
CEADED 0020 AC02 GED Comp Prep 10/28/2019 – 12/11/2019 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM MTWTH H131 G, Y'barbo/K, Ford
Tuition & Fees In-District
A Textbook and a TI-30XS Multi-view calculator is required for this course
ACC GED students also receive:
- access to free tutoring in the ACC Learning Lab - and all other activities on our ACC campus
- an opportunity to participate in GED graduation ceremonies in May or December (for students who pass the GED test)
Registration is EASY! Registering online with your credit/debit card is fast, too.
- Go to www.alvincollege.edu and select “Continuing Ed/Career Training” on the red banner at the top of the page.
- Choose “Register Online/WebACCess,” from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the topic code, "GED Prep Classes," and the location "Alvin".
- Then select the class you want from the list that appears.
Or, you can register in person at the Continuing Education office in Building H, room 103.
Students Under 18 Years of Age
GED classes are available to 17-year-old students with parental permission and 16-year-olds who are court-ordered. Before being allowed to register, an underage student and a parent or legal guardian must meet with the GED coordinator to agree to certain classroom rules. Call 281-756-3787 for an appointment.
Ready to test?
First, create your personal "MyGED" account at www.ged.com. Then click on "Schedule Test" to reserve a date and time to test and pay the fee with your credit card. "GED Ready" practice tests are also available for a nominal fee.