Approved CPE Provider by the Texas Education Agency #020-501
Alvin Community College, ACC, is proud to be a Texas Education Agency approved provider of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) to educators for certificate renewal purposes. Through our Center For Success located on the main campus of ACC we offer face to face workshops and events designed to improve student learning outcomes by enhancing pedagogical skills of the individual educator.
Reasons to Receive CPE from ACC
- Texas teachers need 150 clock hours every five (5) years to renew their standard teaching licenses. We can help!
- Professional educators and instructional designers with classroom experience develop and deliver all sessions.
- Our sessions are face to face with the understanding that some people learn better through hands-on, face-to-face training.
- Session materials are available online for 1 year and can be accessed after sessions are completed for future reference.
- We offer opportunities to network with professionals from many different districts across the area.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion stating the hours earned, our CPE and the skills mastered to assist with record keeping.
How to Register
- Click on the Registration link.
- Locate a session that you would like to attend. Watch for the red * that indicates special interest for K-12 educators.
- Click the Register for this session link in the row beside the title of the session you want to attend.
- You will receive a confirmation email to reserve your spot.
Public school teachers can earn 3 CPE credits! Attend 3 different sessions – choose from topics such as Finding Your Technology Balance in the classroom, Dual Credit workshops, Turnitin tutorials, and informal assessments and engaging strategies. Learn today – use in your classroom tomorrow!
Light breakfast served
Registration: $30.00 for those seeking CPE credits and certificate
This and more information regarding the specific licensing requirements for Texas teachers, visit the Texas Department of Education Website. Although Alvin Community goes to great lengths to stay on top of the latest state regulations for teachers in Texas, it is the responsibility of the teacher to understand the process for submission and approval of all professional development and licensing work, according to the state requirements.