Recognition and Awards
Meet the Faculty Fellows
Johanna has been teaching at ACC for 28 years, and 18 of those have included online instruction. She is here to help with your technical questions—whether they are simple topics like uploading syllabi or taking attendance, or more detailed issues like setting up your Grade Center, learning how to navigate proctoring software, or launching a course for the first time in Blackboard. Her goal is to answer your questions quickly and in simple terms. So don’t be hesitant; fill out that help ticket, and ask those questions you’ve been putting on the back burner all this time!
Dr. Jean Raniseski
Jean Raniseski has been teaching at ACC for 23 years. She as an adjunct instructor for the psychology and sociology department in the fall of 1994. Then in 1997 she accepted a full-time faculty position.
Her students consistently give her high evaluation scores and take the time to add comments about her fun approach to teaching and learning. We are fortunate that she has chosen to spend her teaching career at ACC.
Alvin Community College Faculty Fellows are dedicated faculty members who are available to support all faculty of ACC. Some of the services that they provide include:
- Providing professional development and peer support
- One-on-one consultations by appointment
- In-office training
- Sharing and training for classroom technology to encourage active learning
- Support for Blackboard and other widely used campus software
- Support for distance education faculty in course design and delivery
- Answers for daily problems and tasks for which faculty need assistance