Updated May 20, 2021
COVID-19 Protocols – Effective May 21, 2021
Alvin Community College continues to monitor COVID-19 and take proactive and prudent measures to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff.
Governor Greg Abbott has issued Executive Order GA 36, which prohibits government entities from requiring or mandating individuals to wear face coverings. This executive order takes effect Friday, May 21, 2021, and Alvin Community College will comply with the governor’s executive order.
Effective immediately, the choice to wear a mask while on campus is now a voluntary one. Individuals who prefer to wear a mask are certainly free to do so. Last week the CDC released new guidelines about masks being optional for people who are vaccinated, which indicates that progress is being made in the national fight against COVID-19.
Safety measures that will be in place on campus include:
- Social distancing required according to CDC recommendations
- Reduced capacity classrooms
- Any student or employee who is exposed or tests positive must register at https://www.alvincollege.edu/announcements/covid-19/self-report.html
- Contact Tracing & close contact notifications
- Enhanced cleaning procedures
- Restricted entrances at buildings
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout buildings
- Clinical rotations will follow the guidelines of the clinical site
- Professional travel restrictions lifted on July 1, 2021
- Lab School will follow the protocols approved by licensing