***THE APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR HAS PASSED
The ACC Honors Program is an intellectual community that supports students who seek to explore their studies in depth, develop lasting leadership skills, and foster service-oriented values. We embrace an interdisciplinary, student-focused approach to learning that transcends academic boundaries and deeply engages with the wider world.
Our program goals are to:
- Provide students with the necessary skills to assist their transition to a four-year institution or workplace
- Stimulate professional growth and innovative pedagogy amongst ACC faculty
- Encourage service-focused relationship between students, faculty, and the diverse communities they serve
Once admitted to the Honors Program, students will automatically become eligible for
an Honors Scholarship. These awards are designed to assist with the cost of courses,
fees, and class materials. Scholarships are awarded by the Honors Council and amounts
will vary depending on available resources and student needs.
In addition to scholarship support, the Honors Program functions as a community. Honors students benefit from a range of support, activities, and events, including: Dedicated Advising, Conference Opportunities, Field Trips, Internships and Volunteer Service Opportunities, Study Abroad Opportunities, and an invitation to join Phi Theta Kappa, a two-year honor society which fosters service, fellowship, and leadership skills.
Am I Eligible?
To join the Honors Program, students must meet a minimum of 1 of the following and complete an electronic program application:
For First-Time-In-College (FTIC) Students:
- Weighted high school GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Combined SAT score of 1100
- Minimum ACT score of 26
For Current, Returning, Transfer, or Dual Credit College Students:
- Completion of 9 credit hours with a weighted GPA of 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Students who do not meet the minimum requirements may contact the Program Director to petition for admission.
Students who do not wish to apply to the Honors Program, but would like to take an
Honors course of interest, may request permission from the course instructor and Honors
There is no fee associated with the ACC Honors Program application or admission to the program. Qualifying students must submit a complete electronic application, which includes:
- A list of past academic, extracurricular, and service accomplishments
- A personal statement which addresses the following prompt: Looking back with hindsight, which one experience do you wish you could change from high school or college? How does this hindsight prepare you for the ACC Honors Program?
- 2 letters of recommendation from prior faculty
Once submitted, applications are reviewed by the Honors Council. Students will then
be contacted regarding their application status and eligibility for an Honors Scholarship.
Honors Program Application
Current students can visit ACC Honors on the POD!