Steps To Getting Started
First Time in College Students
Welcome to Alvin Community College. We are excited about your decision to join our Dolphin Family. We know you will have many questions and it is our goal to provide as much information and support as possible.
Please make sure to complete the steps in the order as shown.
Meet with your Pathway Success Coach
From completing an application, to selecting a career pathway and major, the ACC Pathway Success Coaches are available to assist students through the admissions process. All first-time-in college students should meet with their Pathways Success Coach.
Pathway Success Coaches are available during regular ACC business hours. Live chat or email your Pathway Success Coach.
Apply for Admission
- Complete the Online Application at the Apply Texas website. (Chrome is recommended.)
- Students applying for Continuing Education programs should apply here for CE.
- International students should begin their admissions process here.
- Note: An acceptance email should be received within three business days during normal processing times and may be longer during peak registration periods. Please check your spam folder for this important communication if it does not route to your inbox automatically.
Complete Placement Testing (Except for Level One Certificates)
- Submit qualifying SAT or ACT scores for Texas Success Initiative (TSI) exemptions. Download your score report from www.CollegeBoard.org. Email report to PSC@alvincollege.edu.
- If you need TSIA2 placement testing, the TSI Pre-Assessment Activity (PAA) is required
prior to testing.
See the testing homepage for test scheduling and exemption information.
Apply for Financial Aid
Satisfy Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
Complete New Student Orientation & Title IX Training
- New Student Orientation is required for first-time college students and must be completed prior to registration. Dual Enrollment students, please click here to access DE Orientation information.
- In addition, students are required to complete ACC's campus Title IX training.
Submit Official Transcripts (if applicable)
- The college no longer requires students to submit their high school transcript or GED score report. However, please note that financial aid may need it for verification, if chosen.
Meet with your Pathways Advisor
Before scheduling an appointment with your Pathways Advisor, please make sure you have completed all of the steps for admissions.Schedule your appointment