Online New Student Orientation (NSO)
All students beginning college for the first time in Fall 2020 are required to complete online New Student Orientation. (If you are a dual enrollment student, visit http://www.alvincollege.edu/dualenrollment/orientation.html.)
Please follow the instructions below in order to complete your orientation. (You must set up your ACCess ID in order to sign into "The Pod". Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.)
2. Scroll down. In your Student Toolbox on the left-hand side, click on “Blackboard” under Campus Links.
3. In the red section at the top of the page, click on the My Courses tab.
4. On the upper left, under Course Catalog, click on “Browse Course Catalog.”
5. Skip the “name” and “contains field.” In the box next to “Search Catalog,” type “New Student Orientation” and hit go.
6. Hover to the right side of NSO 20-21, click on the drop-down menu, and then click “Enroll.”
7. Click submit in the bottom right corner.
8. In the red section at the top of the page, go to “My Courses” to access the orientation module.
9. Complete all sections of the orientation on the left.
10. Your NSO hold will be removed the following day. If you would like the hold removed sooner, please send a copy of your completion certificate to email@example.com.
Title IX Training
Transfer students and first-time college students are required to complete online Title IX training regarding ACC’s campus sexual assault policy. Students will receive an email regarding this requirement.