About Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa works on the four cardinal principals of scholarship, leadership, service, and fellowship. Join us in the Alvin Community College chapter, Mu Upsilon, to help us promote this among members, and the college and community we serve. Phi Theta Kappa, THE two-year college international honor society, was founded in 1918. The Mu Upsilon chapter was founded at ACC in 1963. Help us continue to make history as we provide opportunities for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Job Benefits (increased salary opportunities)
- Stamp on Transcript
- National Dean's List Nomination
- Leadership Experience
- Access to Transfer Database
- Letters of recommendation to transfer schools
- Letters of recommendation to potential employers
- Certificate & Lapel Pin
- Recognition at Awards Day ceremony
- Stole and tassel at graduation
- Lifelong camaraderie
For more information contact one of the chapter advisors below.
Also check us out on Facebook at Alvin Community College- PTK (Phi Theta Kappa).