Registrar's Office

The Registrar's Office handles the following:

  • Enrollment Verification
  • Grades & Transcripts
  • Graduation Applications
  • Hazlewood Benefits
  • Residency Status & Reclassification
  • FERPA and Student Records
  • Student Demographic Changes
  • Withdrawal Information

Our institution has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent for all verification requests of student enrollment and degrees/certificates earned at Alvin Community College.

Students can request an on-demand enrollment verification, (after the census date of their term) via the National Student Clearinghouse at Students may also request an enrollment verification via email to the Registrar's Office at

Third-party agencies needing to verify enrollment or degrees/certificates for a current or former student must visit the Student Clearinghouse or call the Clearinghouse at 703-742-4200 to obtain this information for a nominal fee. Third-party agencies may also fax your request for an enrollment verification to 703-742-4239.

During the semester in which degree and/or certificate requirements are to be completed, the student must apply for graduation in order for the credential to be awarded.

Log on to The Pod to access student graduation information and graduation application.

Students not currently enrolled who complete final graduation requirements at another regionally accredited college or university and provide an official transcript may also apply for a degree or certificate.

Replacement Diplomas

A student may apply for a Replacement Diploma ($45) by:

  • Order a print and digital diploma directly from
  • Completing a form at the ACC Welcome Center (A100)
  • Mailing the form to: Alvin Community College, 3110 Mustang Rd., Alvin, TX 77511. If paying by check or money order, make payable to Alvin Community College.
  • Contact: Danielle Thomas for more information.

Former Alvin Community College students may graduate under the AAT, AA or AS degree plan and catalog year that was on file at the time they transferred to another college/university if:

  • The remaining credits were completed at an accredited college or university.
  • The credit was completed within three years from the date of last attendance at ACC.
  • The student has met all remaining conditions for graduation as published in the institutional catalog.
  • The application has been received by deadline.
  • Contact: Danielle Thomas for more information.

The Hazlewood Exemption provides exemption of payment for tuition and certain fees to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans and to eligible dependent children and spouses of Texas veterans. Veterans must meet the following requirements:

  • Show DD-214.
  • Confirm entrance (home of record or place of entry) from the State of Texas.
  • Present letter of ineligibility for the Montgomery G.I. Bill from the Department of Veterans Affairs, if discharge was post 9/11
  • Present receipt of an honorable or under honorable conditions discharge.
  • Served at least 180 days of active duty (excluding basic training time).
  • Texas residency for a minimum of 12 months prior to college registration.
  • Not be in default for any educational student loan.
  • A statement of Hazlewood hours for all colleges or universities attended after September 1995 and prior to ACC enrollment, if the student transferred to ACC must also be submitted.

The new "Hazlewood Legacy Act" removes certain residency restrictions, extends eligibility to spouses, and permits eligible veterans to assign their unused hours to their children. Children of eligible veterans must meet the institution’s requirement for Satisfactory Academic Progress and must not be on academic probation in order to receive their parents' Hazlewood benefits.

Application Deadline:

New Applicants – First-time Hazlewood veterans and dependents must apply two weeks prior to the payment deadline of the term. If application is submitted by the deadline, but not yet approved, the student must make arrangements to pay from personal funds. The student will be reimbursed for the payment made once approved for Hazlewood Benefits. First-time applications submitted after the deadline of two weeks prior to the payment deadline will be processed for the next available term.

Previous Recipients – Students who have used their Hazlewood benefits previously at ACC may apply through late registration of the term.

The Registrar’s Office will process the application for benefits and contact the student directly by mail. For additional information and applications for the Hazlewood Benefits Act, visit College for All Texans.


Residency rules are established by the State Legislature and governed by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Alvin Community College is obligated to the State of Texas and the citizens of the ACC District to uphold all rules and requirements of residency for tuition purposes. When students are admitted, they are informed of their residence classification based on information on their application and supporting documentation. Tuition and fees at registration are based on this classification. If a student's residence changes after admission, the student must submit a Residence Reclassification form to the ACC Welcome Center in A-building. Residency reclassification will be processed by the Registrar's Office. Please be aware that as part of this process you may be asked to provide numerous pieces of documentation that you may consider to be of a personal nature. Failure to provide the requested documents may result in the rejection of your petition. Petitions must be submitted by the census date of any given term in order for changes to apply to that term. Petitions received after the census date will apply to the next regular term. 

US Dept. of Education FERPA

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, commonly known as FERPA, provides that all records pertaining to a student that are maintained by the college must be open for inspection by the student and may not be made available to any other person without the written authorization of the student. The following items of directory information may be released without the written consent of the student:

Name Email address
Address Participation in sports and activities
Telephone number

Weight and height of athletic team members

Date of birth Dates of attendance

Most recent educational institution attended

Awards and degrees  

The following items may NOT be released without the written consent of the student:

Social security number Ethnicity
Student ID Religious preference
Citizenship Grades
Gender GPA
Daily class schedule  

Upon request, the college may disclose directory information to any person without the written consent of the student. Therefore, the student is responsible for notifying the College by the 12th class day of every fall/spring semester and by the 4th class day of the summer sessions if any of the directory information listed above is not to be released. The student will complete the FERPA Non-Release Form in person at the ACC Welcome Center in A-building. The student's valid picture identification will be requested when submitting this form.

Students also have the right to allow a third-party to view their student record information by completing the FERPA Limited Release Form in person at the Admission Office. The student's valid picture identification will be requested when submitting this form. Information will only be given to the third-party in person upon verification of identify. Information will NOT be given over the phone.

Students have the right under FERPA to inspect and review their education records within 45 days of the day the institution received a request for access. Students should submit to the Registrar, a written request that identifies the record(s) they wish to inspect. The Registrar will make arrangements for access and notify the student of the time and place where the record(s) may be inspected. Records not maintained by the Registrar's Office will also be made available. Students may ask the college to amend a record that they believe is inaccurate or misleading. They should contact the Registrar, identify the part of the records to be changed and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the college decides not to amend the record as requested by the student, the college will notify the student of the decision and advise the student of the right to a hearing regarding the request of the amendment. Students have the right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the college to comply with the requirements of FERPA.


At the time of application to Alvin Community College, the student's name, address, phone number, email, residential and mailing address, emergency contact and social security number are taken from the application exactly as written. This information will remain the same unless a Student Data Change Request is submitted by the student to the ACC Welcome Center in A-building or the student completes the online form on WebACCess. The following changes, however, require verification and documentation to be submitted by the student at the ACC Welcome Center:

1. A name change requires proper verification of the former and new name in the form of one of the following:

  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Decree
  • Legal Court Document
  • Birth Certificate 

A current ID is needed for identification.

2. A social security number change requires proper verification in the form of a social security card.

3. An address change affecting district residency requires proper verification in the form of one of the following:

  • Driver's License
  • Lease Agreement

4. An address change effecting state residency requires proper verification as determined by state legislation. Contact the Admissions Office at 281-756-3531 for more information.

5. A date of birth change requires proper verification in the form of a birth certificate or driver's license.


Withdrawal Information can be found in The Pod. Login to The Pod> Records and Registration> Withdrawing from Classes.


Residency Statement

When students are admitted, their residency is based on answers to the application’s Core Residency questions and supporting documentation. Tuition is based on this classification. To obtain information on what constitutes district or state residency, please refer to the current catalog or visit the ACC Welcome Center.