Cooperative Purchasing Contracts
A purchasing cooperative (co-op) is a type of cooperative arrangement that aggregates demand to obtain lower prices from selected suppliers. Co-op agencies are organizations that are independent of the College. Co-op programs allow government agencies to utilize contracts that were competitively bid.
Co-op contracts satisfy the need to obtain three quotes or issue a formal solicitation.
In addition to bids for goods and services solicited directly by the college, ACC often uses the following cooperative contracts to satisfy their competitive solicitation requirements for various goods and services.
Some of the cooperatives that the college district utilizes are as follows:
- Buyboard (Texas Association of School Boards (TASB))
- E and I Cooperative
- Harris County Department Education (HCDE)- Choice Partners
- Houston - Galveston Area Council of Governments (H-GAC)
- Interlocal Government Contracts
- National Cooperative Purchasing Alliance (NCPA)
- Omnia Partners Omni Partners
- Region 10 Education Service Center
- Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR)
- Texas Interlocal Purchasing Systems (TIPS/TAPS)
- Texas Procurement and Support Services (TPASS)