Respiratory Care - A.A.S. Degree
How to Apply
February 1–June 1
The Respiratory Care program begins every Fall semester in August.
If you are a first-time college student or transferring to ACC, begin the application process by completing the Steps-to-Getting-Started.
What You Need to Apply
You may use the Respiratory Care Application Checklist to guide you through the application process.
Use the Respiratory Care Admission Points Guide to see how applicants are ranked.
Complete Prerequisite Courses
Provide proof of college credit, with a grade of "C" or better, for the following before the August start date.
- ENGL 1301 – Composition I
- BIOL 2401 – Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL 2402 – Anatomy & Physiology II
Completion of the following course is not required at the time of application, but is strongly recommended prior to admission.
- 3 Credits: Social/Behavioral Science Core Elective
- 3 Credits: Language, Philosophy & Culture Elective
- 4 Credits: BIOL 2420 – Microbiology for Non-Science Majors
- Applicant must be TSI complete
Attend an Information Session
All applicants are required to attend an information session
- Application Form – Online application will open February 1st annually.
- Official college transcript showing completion required courses (unofficial from ACC is acceptable)
- Completed HESI A2 exam within the last 5 years
If you are newly accepted to the college, please be aware that there may be a 24 hour system delay before you are able to access the application. If you are still not able to access the application after 24 hours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wait to be contacted by the department. Please be patient; it can take several weeks for admission applications to be processed.
You will be invited to attend a mandatory program orientation where you will be provided with instructions to complete the following:
- Proof of personal health insurance
- Passing a drug screening
- Physical examination
- Immunization record showing: Completion of Hepatitis B Immunization series (may take up to 6 months), MMR, Tdap, TB, Varicella, , and Influenza (please note: a titer may be required for some of these immunizations)
- Cleared criminal background
COLLEGE & CAREER PATHWAYS
Respiratory Care is part of our Health Career Pathway. Click the box below to see other Health programs that may interest you.