Counseling & Community Resources
Our mission is to provide services within the college environment and community that contribute to the academic success, personal growth and positive social experience for students. Click here to submit a Counseling Request Referral form.
- For crisis and emergencies during office hours, call 281-756-3700 (Alvin Community College Campus Police, H132).
- For life-threatening mental health emergencies, go to the closest emergency room or call 9-1-1.
- For non-life-threatening crisis assistance at ACC during business hours, go to the Admissions Office, A100 and ask for an Advisor or Counselor.
Assessment and Care Team (ACT) Referral
- Are you concerned about a currently enrolled ACC student or community resident on campus? The Assessment and Care Team consists of a multi-disciplinary group of ACC employees including counselors, faculty, police, and student services staff. The ACT is committed to providing ACC staff, employees and students with supportive resources through a practical, collaborative, and thoughtful approach to the prevention, identification, assessment, intervention and holistic management of situations that may be disruptive in a student’s academic progress or to the well-being of campus employees. Also see the next bullet point regarding student conduct.
- Conduct Concerns Regarding Student(s). Typically this form will be used by instructors and/or ACC staff to submit a conduct concern to the Vice President, Student Services.
- For an urgent emergency call 281-756-3700 (Alvin Community College Campus Police, H132).
Staff and Faculty Resources for Students
- Assessment and Care Team (A.C.T.)
- Campus Police
- Career Services
- Counseling Referral Form
- Emergency Information
- Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
- Title IX
- Veteran Services
Title IX Advisor/Advocate
Each party to a Title IX complaint may be assisted by an advisor of the party's choice who may participate in the proceedings in a manner consistent with College District procedures.
Please contact the Title IX Coordinator for more information or to request an advisor/advocate.
- Food and Toiletry Assistance for Students
- Drug & Alcohol Prevention Program (Drug-Free Schools & Communities Act)
- Lactation Room
- Locker Rooms/Shower Facilities
- Diseases & Conditions
- Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Drug Fact Sheets
- E-Cigarettes: Know the Risks
- Healthy Living
- HIV 101 for College Students
- Injury, Violence & Safety
- Tips for College Health & Safety